1. There will never be a better time, than this time right now, to take the first step toward getting to know who I am.
2. I came in alone and I am going out alone. With that being said, I have the best companion anyone could hope for to walk with me and fill in our dashes together. I love you Tamara, to the moon and back and to infinity and beyond! We are home and that is the best part of my life. Our life is the best part of my life and I am so blessed and grateful and thankful to be home finally.
3. I love my little brother and my sister in law. I am learning that we all love differently and that is okay, as long as we love like a verb, always, in all ways.
4. If you leave, I will not follow.
5. If you build it, with all of your heart and soul, and then you find someone to help you build it brick by brick: you have found not only a keeper, you have found the mirror for yourself. Thank you Tamara for being my mirror, even as ugly as that is sometimes. I love you for how you love me, even when I can’t recognize it as love. I always feel your love. I am learning love on my terms and I stumble sometimes. Thank you for helping me back up. I love you.
6. There is nothing that can be done to heal the damage caused by a lie. One lie always means there are more lies. There are no “white” lies, only lies. Once lies set in, the truth becomes, not only obscure, but impossible, for you cannot take back the carefree knowing of the truth. You will never return to the place of safety and security that you once resided in, once the lies defile the threshold, from which your dreams have gone. Of all of the things we can do to destroy someone’s trust forever, we lie about our lies. Lies have no place in my world. Should they exist here now, with or without my knowing, I offer them an invitation to leave should, for they have no place here. I am a truth seeker and a peace keeper at heart, torn apart by the lies of others and held bondage in their deceit. I shed the skin now that ever accepted lies as truth and deceit as misunderstanding. I need only the truth. Just so you know, I am so empathic that I already know it before you are able to tell me, and so your deceit hurts me all the more. I will not spend my time and energy in the nest of anyone’s lies. You bring me the truth and we can go on forever. You bring me a lie and we are never going to be the same. And so it is.
7. In the depths of the despair that I am in, I am struggling to shed my fear. I feel it coming off and then it wraps itself around me in a frenzy. This frenzy fuzzies my mind and wrecks my heart, as I stand ground to my pain. I stand where I have fallen and I rise from my own ashes. Still though, I trip across her embers now and then and I fall to my knees, screaming in agony. This pain is the portal I must take to my joy and so I shed my fear and take up The Cloak of The Christ and I join my brother Rumi. Arm in arm, my brother and I walk across the embers and into the ocean of love. And so it is.
8. There really are only two choices…love or fear. I am learning that for myself. Shedding fear is not the work of the weak…nor the feat of the great. The shedding of fear is unlearning all we have come to know to learn that we are love. We have only ever, always been love. Tainted though we may be, we only came here to love each other home.
9. I am because you are. Ubuntu. No truer words have ever been spoken. We are not separate, you and I. There is no us and them. Ram Dass said he finally realized that there are no others. We are not on opposing teams. We have a choice to be love and we have an obligation to be love. We forgot why we came, that’s all. We came here to love each other home. There are no others.
10. My calling and my life’s work…my passion and my purpose have always been the same, masked though they may have been at times, to love and to serve others, to paint and to write, to love and to teach love to others through my actions. My purpose is to love you home and it really is that simple. I love you. Let’s get going, shall we? We have to spread the message that we are love! I would love if you would help me to get us all on board to choose love over fear. And so it is.